Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I escaped… but was recaptured!

For a very brief time this past weekend, I escaped my captor… my muse! I was able to go out and be part of three different charity fundraising events that the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence were hosting.

Not sure who the Sisters are? You can learn more about them HERE. I am actually in the process of joining their Order (but more on that later!). I am very excited about that and had a blast during my short escape period. I was part of the Sisters on Friday & Saturday but on Sunday I got to be my own 'author self' again to try and sell some of my books (so the proceeds could be donated to the charity!).

Today was my last day of freedom but before I was caught again by my muse, I was able to get some work done. I finished the last round of editing on my Riptide call submission, Cresting Tide (working title), and wrote the synopsis & query letter before sending it off to Alex Voinov at Riptide. I won't hear anything back from Riptide until between May 15th and June 1st, whether they accept or decline the submission. I have never submitted to a publisher before so this is a learning experience. Even if Riptide decides that my story is not for them, don't worry. You will get to read… just one of the benefits of being able to self publish!

Now that I have sent off Cresting Tide, my muse is locking me up again. All weekend she has been whispering to Zarkina to hear more of the tale and I can only do one thing. Let that tale be told.

So, my lovelies, I am back in captivity, hostage to my muse once more. For you, that is a good thing for it means that Destiny will continue to unfold and soon be ready for you dive back into!

No comments:

Post a Comment