Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sizzling July Interview with Evan J. Xaiver!



The interviews continue! My next guest writes sizzling hot shorts that will go straight to your groin!
Please welcome Evan J. Xavier!

Welcome to My Twisted & Kinky World! Let's start of with telling everyone a little bit about you! 
I’m just a country boy who moved to the big city and back to the country and now heading back to the big city. I have many loves, baking is one and photography is the other. I’m simple and it’s hard for me to find shoes in my size. =)
Humm...are you hinting at something there, Evan? *wink*

So, I know when I sit on writer panels I am always asked this question. When did you start writing?
Almost seven months ago. Wow, I can’t believe it’s already been seven months. Does not seem like it.
Time flies when our muse takes over!


What inspired your first book? What was the title? Was it published?
My first book was called The Only Night and it was later changed to Stuffed
It’s loosely based on me. That story is the starting point really for Sin City Gay Erotic Tales.

Have you always written erotica? If not, what else do you write/have you written?
I started off with Erotica and I’ve branched off to Erotic Romance, my first title is being published this week, so stoked! And I’m working on a YA Romance as well. So I’m branching out, trying to keep it fresh.
YA Romance? I can see what you come up with!

What made you decide to write erotica?
I read my first gay erotica short in December 2011 and a week later I decided to give it a try since I had so much free time at work. I worked the 3rd shift so after my patients were settled I’d have all this free time from 10p to 6am. So I thought, why not. It’ll give me something to do. It just happened and it couldn’t have come at a better time. I was able to leave my 9-5 a few months later and live off of my writing income.

How would you classify your erotic writing? 
Gay Erotica.

Do you have a specific writing style? 
I enjoy writing and reading in 1st person, more personal I think.

What is the process you use for writing? 
It really depends on my mood. Sometimes I’ll just write and the words flow. Other times I’ll do a simple outline. The outline isn’t set in stone. Most times it’s changed half way in.
I tend to do the same thing but it is usually to quiet the voices in my head. *laughs*

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Hmm...not really. Writing is probably the easiest thing I’ve done. Sure, there are times when I’m not in a writing mood. I find writing fun and a great outlet for expression.

How do you come up with your book titles?
That’s a good question. Sometimes I just pluck’em from thin air, lol. I wouldn’t say I lose sleep about a title. But seriously, I get inspired by music mostly.

Are your plot lines based on real life experiences or are they purely fiction?
I plead the fifth on the grounds that this may incriminate me, hehe. =)
I bet you do! But, I fear, you just did! *giggles*

If you had to name one character you have written that was the most like you, which character in which book would that be?
Oh goodness, I don’t want to let all my business out. hehe. I’d say Ian from the Sin City Gay Erotic Tales is in some ways like me. That’s all I’ll say about that.
*thinks that the pieces are all starting to fall into place* Only some ways? I like Ian very much! *grin* 

Are there certain characters or stories you would like to go back to?
Yes, I have a few that I have plans to expand. I’m working on the follow up to Roadside ASSistance, it’s going to be a novella. And Jarred from Straight Chaser 2 will get his own title as well.






Is being an author your only full time job or do you have a 'day job' as well? 
I write full time. I’m also a photographer. But I’ve been on a little hiatus from photography for a few months. I plan to dust off my Mamiya in the next month to work on a photo book I’ve been planning. I’m pretty stoked about that.

What other types of jobs have you held before becoming an author?
General Manager, Pastry Chef, Instructional Designer, and a Project Manager.

Do you travel much concerning your books? 
Nope. Just online. Who knows what the future holds.

What current projects are you working on?
I have two erotic romance novellas in the works, three short erotic stories, and one young adult novella I hope to publish over the next few months.
Sounds like you are very busy!


What is your latest release and where can readers find it?
 My most recent title is a bundle of three menage titles. It’s called Double Teamed X3 and it’s available on Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Smashwords.







Most authors offer some sort of e-pub of their work. Do you offer traditional paper versions as well?
 I currently have one title available in paperback, Stepcest Taboo, available on Amazon and Barnes and Nobles.

What is the toughest criticism you have ever received? How did you handle it?
Hmm, I don’t let reviews get to me. I read and I move one. I’ve received a few nasty emails about my guys not using condoms during sex scenes, but besides from that I can’t really think of anything.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything? If so, what?
Nope. Nothing. No regrets.

Do you have any advice for aspiring authors?
Yep, don’t be dicks to other Authors. Boom!
*laughs* Great advice!

Is there anything else you would like to say to your readers and fans?
Thank y’all for all the love! I don’t want to turn this into Sally Fields moment so I’ll leave it at that.

Thanks for dropping by My Twisted & Kinky World!
Thanks for having me.  XOXOX.

Well my twisted lovelies, that was Evan! 


Also check out these other Sizzling July Interviews!
Amara - July 1-3
Evan J. Xaiver - July 4-6
S.L. Armstrong - July 7-9
Brita Addams - July 10-12
Leigh Ellwood - July 13-15
Blaine Arden - July 16-18
Leigh Jarrett- July 19-24
A.D. Cooper - July 22-24
Giselle London - July 25-27
Rachel Haimowitz - July 28-30
Aleksandr Voinov - July 31-Aug. 3

Don't forget to stop by my Smashwords for the Summer/Winter Sale! Selected Titles are up to 50% Off!


In the spirit of July 4th, I am sharing this pic of Sizzling Hotty Anthony Green that was taken by Michael A. Downs for All American Guys  ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment