Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Next Big Thing Tour!


So, what is the 'Next Big Thing'?

Well, that is for you, the reader to determine! Authors like E.L. James (Fifty Shades of Grey) and J. K. Rowling (Harry Potterwere unknowns until fans made them super stars for the stories they wrote! Well, like these famous authors, there are many great stories out there just waiting to be discovered by readers such as yourself! 

 This blog hop is like a game of tag. One author posts and tags five other authors who link back to their website the next week and tag five new authors. If you follow the blog hop long enough, you’re bound to find some books you’ll love! Maybe you’ll even discover a book that ends up being the next big thing.

I was tagged by Lakisha Spletzer (Thanks Kisha!) who was tagged by Flossie Benton Rogers.

This blog hop includes ten questions to help you learn more about an author’s current work in progress, so here’s a little info about my my recent publication:

1. What is title of your book?

2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
As crazy as it sounds, the character Sin, herself. But the nightclub Shadows was inspired by the different clubs in the party district of Tampa, Ybor City.

3. What genre does your book fall under?
Paranormal erotic romance in general but each book falls into its own sub-genre of M/F, M/M, M/M/F BDSM. There is something for everyone :)

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters?
This is a hard question since I am not really a big movie person. I think if my Shadows series ever went to TV or a movie, I would survey my fans and see who they envisioned for each character.

5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
The Tampa nightclub Shadows employs those who have many secrets that they would rather not share with 'normal' club goers... and sometimes not even with each other.

6. Will your book be self published or represented by an agency?
Every book in the Shadows series is self published but available in both print and digital format. 

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Embracing Sin took about two months to write. The others in the series did not take as long.

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I have had fans compare this series to Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series and Charlene Harris' True Blood series.


9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
After writing my first novel, Fates, which was an epic fantasy, I wanted to try something different. After coming home from Ybor City after a night of club hopping, I thought to myself... self, this would be the perfect place for paranormals to hide in plain sight!

10.What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
Every book in the Shadows series has something for someone but I think what really grabs the reader is that the characters are not your typical supernatural/paranormal types and they all have very human hangups. I have even been told that my fans 'know' someone just like one of my characters and I think that makes them more believable.

I hope you have enjoyed learning a bit more about my Shadows series. I will note that due to the adult sexual nature of my romances, that this series is not intended for readers under the legal age of consent in the country in which they reside. If you would like to read the first chapter of each of the Shadows books (or any other book I will or have written), please check out my website.

Now to refer you to some other authors! 

As a bonus for stopping by, I am giving away the first book in the Shadows series! Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment