Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Compartmentalizing...

Just a short note… I have to keep my New Year's resolution and all that.

I have decided to compartmentalize my life a bit, particularly on Facebook. So often, I receive friend requests from people that I don't really know or maybe have met at a convention or an appearance. I add these 'friends' and always suggest my fan page to them to 'Like.' 9 times out of 10 they do not :o( The result of this is that I get all of their Facebook posts and they get all of my personal posts. Not to mention that I miss much of what my family posts because the page is flooded! Now, I know what you are thinking…

Why don't she just block those people so she doesn't see their posts.  

While this is good in theory, rarely does it work out well. Oh, and did I mention that I still have hundreds of 'friends' from when I played all those damn addicting Facebook games? See, I started cleaning up my personal page but it took me almost an hour to 'unfriend' about 50 people. That is an hour I was NOT writing!

So, I have made a "new" personal page for my 'author-self' and am requesting that all networking connections (convention organizers, publishers, editors, fellow authors, etc.) and fans 'friend' this page. I know this is a huge pain in the ass but hopefully I won't lose anyone in the shuffle.

See, I am also affiliated with the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence and am the Chapter Coordinator for the Tampa Bay O.G.R.E.s so I really, really, need to keep all the hats I wear separate!

Now for a writing update…

I went to a friend's house in Old Town, FL aka Bumb Fucked Egypt to try and get back on track with Destiny. My friend lives so far out in the sticks that there is no cell service and his satellite internet is not hooked up yet. Not that that would matter much since he is a Mac user. BTW, what's with no right mouse button for a Mac????  Talk about fuckin' with a gal!

Anyway, his house is about three and half hours from me. I arrived on Wednesday afternoon and left early on Saturday. While I was there, I wrote almost two full legal pads of novel for Destiny. On top of that, Thursday night a few new characters came to me that were not part of Zarkina's world.

 Chase & Chad were so persistent that they were drowning out Zarkina. So, to get them to shut the hell up, I spent Friday writing their story. By the time I left on Saturday, I had around 4k written. After spending Easter at my mother's in Spring Hill, I spent Monday transcribing their story and Tuesday adding more to it. It is currently sitting at around 9500 words. As most of you know, I do not write 'shorts.' However, I do believe their story will be a 'short'… short for me anyway and I will be offering it for FREE.

So, keep your eyes open for it. I'll let you know when it is available on Smashwords. Hopefully, I will get it finished today so I can get back to Destiny!

Oh, and if you have not 'friended' me on my new Facebook page, please do so! 

No comments:

Post a Comment